The earth is quickening
and our spirit answers from within.
Here in the southern hemisphere we are crawling out from beneath the veil the covers our existence during the winter. The signs of the upcoming spring are everywhere and this year there are days that even smell like summer already.
And, the divine within each of us experiences these changes and answers as to a call. But, this year the call is stronger. Also, it seems the call is louder, or broader, or whatever it is that increases the amount of people it touches and the intensitiy of the caress.
What are you feeling around you?
Friday, August 24, 2012
The earth is quickening
Sunday, September 26, 2010
I made these easy and fun biscuits to celebrate the beautiful spring weather...
* 125g softened butter
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
* 1 egg
* 2 cups plain flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 cup icing sugar
* 2 teaspoons milk
* 2 teaspoons corn syrup (or glucose syrup available in cake decorating section of supermarket)
* Food colouring
* Smarties, Skittles, sprinkles and other decorations as preferred
1. Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees (140 degrees for fan-forced oven)
2. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla essence
3. Beat egg and add to mixture then beat well to combine
4. Add sifted flour and baking powder
5. Place on to floured board and knead lightly
6. Roll out mixture approx 1/2cm thick
7. Stamp out preferred shapes (dip cutters in flour to aid stamping process)
8. Place on greased pan or tray
10. Cook for approximately 10 minutes - biscuits should be starting to turn a very light brown colour and should not respond like dough in the centre to the touch
11. Allow to cool on pan or tray
1. Once biscuits are cooked and cooled, mix icing sugar, milk and corn syrup in a bowl
2. Add a few drops of food colouring (for different colours, separate into bowls and/or plan colour mixing as preferred)
3. Smear on cookies and add other decorations
Offerings from ~Kora~ by Wendy at 3:38 PM
Friday, September 24, 2010
Ostara this year in the southern hemisphere was on 23 September, which was also the time of the full moon and, for those interested in astrology, coincides with the activation of the cardinal cross that began around the time of the winter solstice (google for further info or I really love Divine Harmony's take on all things astrological and how they influence us as individuals).
On a personal level, I have chosen this time to formally dedicate myself to a further year and a day study on a predominately solitary path. This is something I felt would be the case when I completed my second year and a day of study and now it seems that the timing is perfect on every level for this to begin.
So, last night I performed my dedication ritual, took my vows and am progressing the work which has been motioning slowly forward but which is now ready to build momentum as it integrates further into my life.
Some of the things that are now part of my studies are the two new blogs I set up recently. Please feel free to check them out and see if there is anything there of interest...
One Card For Kora - this is usually short posts with a few thoughts on tarot card I choose each day.
Kora's View - this is just a random photo of something I decided to photograph whenever the mood takes me
I will still be updating my original blog Curiouser and Curiouser which seems to have developed into mostly cryptic and ambiguous outpourings of some of the rabble that is chatter of my mind.
With that shameless self-promotion aside, here are some photos of my altar from last night.